Water Nippers is committed to providing an environment in which all children and young people participating in its activities have a safe and positive experience.
We want to provide a safe, happy and fun environment where children can learn to swim and develop their skills.
As part of this policy, Water Nippers Swimming agrees to:
- Adopt and implement the policies and procedures in Wavepower.
- Recognise that all children participating in swimming lessons with Water Nippers Swimming (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have a right to enjoy their involvement in aquatics in a safe environment and be protected from harm.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children at Water Nippers Swimming, whether paid or voluntary, provide a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for children.
- Appoint a welfare officer with the necessary skills and training as outlined by the ASA who will take the lead in dealing with all child safeguarding matters raised within Water Nippers Swimming. This welfare officer is Katie Wroe, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01273 621 333.
- Ensure that the welfare officer’s name and contact details are known to all staff, members and parents of members.
- Ensure the welfare officer is available to discuss issues of concern on matters of safeguarding and deal with such concerns appropriately and in line with Wavepower.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children at Water Nippers Swimming have undertaken the appropriate training, have had the relevant DBS checks, and adhere to the required practices for safeguarding children as outlined in Wavepower.
- Ensure that all individuals who will be working or will work with children at Water Nippers Swimming have been recruited in accordance with the ASA Safe Recruitment Policy.
- Ensure that all individuals who work with children at Water Nippers Swimming have the appropriate training, code of conduct and good practice to follow in line with the guidance in Wavepower.
- Provide all Water Nippers Swimming students and parents with the opportunity to raise concerns in a safe and confidential manner if they have a concern about a child’s welfare.
- Ensure that all child safeguarding matters, whether they be concerns about child welfare or protection, are dealt with appropriately in accordance with the guidance for reporting and action in Wavepower.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained appropriately and in line with the best interests of the child.
- Ensure all papers relating to child safeguarding matters are held in a safe and secure manner.