Water Nippers may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22 May 2018.
We gather certain information about individuals in order to provide services and enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use the website to present timely, relevant information to them.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests
- Your child’s name and data relevant to their swimming course (such as date of birth, swimming ability, medical conditions)
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to customer enquiries
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from Water Nippers, enabling us to provide improved services. We may need to collect swimming ability information to meet the requirements of the awarding bodies we work with.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To help ensure you select the right swimming course for your child
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- To contact you in response to a specific query
- We may periodically send promotional emails about services which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email or phone.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We Swimbiz to manage our database, course bookings and transactional emails and texts. We use Mailchimp to manage our email marketing. You can opt out of email marketing messages by clicking the link in the email, however we will need to send you transactional emails about your booking and updates about your swimming lessons.
We never keep data for longer than necessary and remove inactive customer data after a set period.
We never store credit card information. These will be stored and processed by specialist third party payment processing suppliers. We use a secure online payment system for processing online payments and a secure card payment system for payments taken over the phone.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
If you have a query or a complaint:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Water Nippers, 9 Tillstone Street, Brighton, BN2 0BD
Water Nippers Owner and Director Katie Wroe is the point of contact for everything to do with data.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our policy is to hold as little data as possible in as few places as possible and to always ensure that wherever it is held, it is secure.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. All our systems are cloud based and password protected.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link on an email.
You can contact us to ask what data we hold and also to have your data removed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.